Get No Down Payment Car Insurance In Minnesota: The land of 10,000 lakes is now gaining fame by the drivers who prove that they have recognized financial responsibility. This has been out shown by the accomplishment of purchasing at least minimum liability insurance with personal injury protection, under insured motorist coverage and uninsured motorist coverage. Minnesota’s official nickname is The North Star State which has vast opportunities for recreation and scenic drives all year round. For urban drives, explore Minneapolis’ Grand Rounds Scenic Byway, the nation’s longest continuous system of public urban parkways.
- Injuries to one person: $30,000.
- Injuries for two or more people: $60,000.
- Property damage: $10,000.
Personal Injury Protection:
- Per person, per accident: $40,000.
- Medical expenses: $20,000.
- Non-medical expenses (wage loss, etc.): $20,000.
Underinsured Motorist Insurance:
- For injuries to one person: $25,000.
- For injuries to two people or more:$50,000.
Uninsured Motorist Insurance:
- For injuries to one person: $25,000.
- For injuries to two people or more: $50,000.
Penalties for Driving Without Insurance
The penalties for driving without insurance in Minnesota are Fines, loss of privileges, or even imprisonment.
Some states have “No-Fault” laws where a policy holder will be reimbursed by their insurance company without proof of fault, and restricted in the right to seek reimbursement through the court system for losses caused by other parties. Minnesota is a “No-Fault” state.
It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle in the United States with a BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) level of 0.08% or higher.
- 90 days imprisonment
- $1,000 fine
- $250 license reinstatement fee
- $430 license reinstatement surcharge
- $24 driver license application fee
- 90-day license suspension
- 180-day license suspension if BAC above 0.20% and/or minor under 16 in vehicle
- 1-year license suspension for DWI test refusal
- Restricted license possible after 15 days if non-aggravating DWI
- Possible ignition interlock
Below are the Top #10 largest auto insurance companies in Minnesota (by market share).
- State Farm
- American Family
- Progressive (Northern)
- Progressive (Northwestern)
- Western National
- American Standard Insurance of Wisconsin
- Owners Insurance
- Mutual Service Casualty
Learn How to Get Discounts on Your No Down Payment Car Insurance Online-
- Improve your driving record as most of the vehicle insurance providers will take that into account while judging overall risk of granting you low cost car coverage.
- If you are a college or high school student driver, you can get discount if you have maintained GPA of 3.0 or above on a consistent basis in your academics.
- You can get car insurance premium rates lowered if you drive less number of miles daily. Insurers do provide discounted auto insurance packages to drivers who drive less miles annually.
- One way of lowering the cost of getting your car insured is to choose a higher deductible. By raising deductible, you can save money but the coverage may not be extensive.
- Majority of the companies could be willing to reduce premiums if your car is fitted with safety devices such as burglary or security alarms, side air-bags, anti-brake locking system, etc.
- Vehicles which are parked in a place where there is night security or properly locked gates with video surveillance could be entitled to receive discounts from some auto insurance companies.
- If you are nearing retirement, you could indicate that to insurers as you will be required to drive your car less during traffic hours, this will reduce your insurer’s risk.
- Check with your employer or with a club where you are member if it is possible to get bulk discounts under any agreement between either of them with some insurer.
- Most of the Insurance providers provide discounts to drivers who have taken course in safety driving from some government approved institutes, so determine your eligibility to get benefited with the same.
Getting insurance at lower rates doesn’t mean that you have got the best insurance policy. Make sure that you verify all the basic details before choosing the scheme. Compare the free quotes with all available insurance companies to get the best of the available alternatives and scrutinize well through telephone also. Choose automatic payment schedule, which is easier for both the parties. Like the policy holder need not worry of making payment every month which needs physical presence and also the insurance company can guarantee the amount to be debited from the policy holder’s account. The policy holder may also avail discounts for online payment which may reduce the down payment and even attractive discounts are availed out of it.
Also, beware of insurance frauds who do organized crimes and cause loss to the Government of Minnesota. Millions and Millions of dollar were lost each year due to increase in the insurance fraudulent activities.