Car Insurance Quotes in Pennsylvania: Car insurance is really mandatory. Getting auto insurance quotes is the first step to getting the best value for your money. Generally, Car insurance covers the loss that is incurred due to the act of theft or damage. It is the responsibility of every policy holder to compare various insurance options before going for a car insurance renewal or buying a new policy.
Pennsylvania has many attractions like Hersheypark, covered bridges to the whitewater rapids of the Poconos. The state of Independence has a solid history and ensures that residents have both Medical benefits coverage and Liability coverage. It is very mandatory for the motorists to know fully about the insurance requirements of Pennstlvania.
In Pennsylvania the motorist is legally required to have the car insurance coverage at the levels listed in the below listing.
The minimum limits for Pennsylvania auto insurance are:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $5,000
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident*
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident*
- First Party Benefits Medical Payments: $5,000
|Auto Insurance Requirements in Pennsylvania:
Drivers in Pennsylvania can determine financial responsibility for liability in two ways:
Pennsylvania requires the following minimum coverage:
Motorists must show the proof of insurance when demanded by a law enforcement executive. If failed, it may result in suspension of registration and license for three months and payment of reinstatement fees.
Below listed are the best car insurance companies of Pennsylvania:
You’ll have to produce proof of current insurance in Pennsylvania:
- if you are stopped for a traffic violation
- if you are involved in a reportable traffic accident
- when you register your car
- when your car undergoes its safety inspection
In addition, your insurance company will report a cancellation or nonrenewal to the state.
Penalty for Failure to obey with Pennsylvania’s Financial Responsibility-
If your motor vehicle is not insured with liability insurance, you could counter the following penalties and fines:
- A minimum of $300 fine for driving uninsured
- A three (3) month suspension of your vehicle registration
- A three (3) month suspension of your driver’s license
- $50 restoration fee to reinstate your vehicle registration
- $50 restoration fee to reinstate your driver’s license
- A vehicle may not be driven by anyone while the registration is suspended
A suspension may be avoided by the return of the registration plate, sticker and card to Penn DOT at the time the insurance policy is canceled or Financial Responsibility lapses.
Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Fraud
Pennsylvania loses millions of dollars to insurance fraud every year. There are many types of auto insurance fraud, including:
- Making a false insurance claims for automobile damage that existed previously.
- Auto accidents that are staged, often by people involved in auto-accident crime rings.
- Claim injuries that do not exist or exaggerating minor injuries in order to collect more from the insurance company.
- Parking a vehicle in a storage unit and filing an insurance claim for a stolen vehicle.
- Making an insurance claim for an auto accident that happened prior to the commencement of insurance coverage.
Additional Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Coverage-
The state of Pennsylvania requires a type of car insurance coverage called First Party Benefits, which provides a variety of medical benefits. Many options for this coverage are available, and your policy needs to have at least the lowest option of $5,000. If you want more medical coverage, a GEICO representative can help you choose the option that is best for you.
If you have an auto insurance policy in Pennsylvania, you have the option to carry either Full Tort or Limited Tort. Limited Tort limits your ability to sue other drivers for your pain and suffering if you are injured in an accident.
Insurance purchasing by online has become simple and the customers have varied options with best prices to compare too. This is because; the insurance rates will vary from place to place. Also, if the customer holds more than one insurance policy with a company then he will be eligible for amazing discounts. Hence, scrutinize well, choose the best plan that suits your requirement and buy an ideal insurance policy to have a safe and secured travel which creates memorable moments for lifetime.