Car Insurance Coverage in South Dakota – South Dakota is well known for Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, and Home stake Gold Mine etc. Also, Black Hills attracts visitors to this place in large number. It is mandatory that State requires all motorists to cover insurance for all vehicles to include liability and under-insured/uninsured motorist insurance:
- Bodily Injury: 25000USD per person and 50000USD per accident.
- Property Damage: 25000USD per accident
- Uninsured Motorist: 25000USD per person and 50000USD per person
- Underinsured Motorist: 25000USD per person and 50000USD per person
- Medical Payments: 50000USD
- Collision: Covers expense to repair the vehicle that was damaged in accident. 500USD
- Comprehensive: Replaces vehicle that has been damaged. 250USD
Basic Statistics on Car Insurance –
Teenagers may be eligible to apply for Learner’s permit at the age of 14 on passing a written knowledge test. Some of the driver licensing requirements enforced by law are:
- The law enforcement requires the driver to be financially responsible to drive on highways.
- State law requires all the drivers to get a license within 30days of residency.
- The applicant is allowed to drive his/her vehicle between the hours of 6am to 10pm.
- Driver must have visual sharpness with or without corrective lenses.
- The license seeker must pass the Driver’s manual which consists of questions regarding traffic laws, signals and safe driving practices etc
- Three attempts within 6month period of time are allowed for the applicants. If they fail the third attempt, fees would not been refunded.
- If the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) is 0.08% or higher the below penalties are imposed on the drivers. Such as
- 1year imprisonment
- 1000USD fine
- License suspension up to 30 days – 1year
Insurance types that are covered in South Dakota-
General Insurance: All the drivers in South Dakota need to be covered under liability insurance. Also, the insurance records are necessary to be shown when demanded.
No – Fault Insurance: “No Fault” insurance is where a policyholder will be reimbursed by the company without proof or fault. However South Dakota is No fault state.
Personal Injury protection: PIP (Personal Injury Protection) Insurance is mandatory for the drivers in some countries. However, South Dakota doesn’t demand for PIP insurance.
Some of the cheapest insurance quotes for visitors of South Dakota are listed below:
- Allied Insurance – 806USD per year
- State Farm – 900USD per year
- Farmers Mutual – 952USD per year
- Western National Insurance – 660USD per year
- GEICO – 738USD per year
- Mid-Century – 792USD per year
- Buckeye – 840USD per year
- American Family – 411USD per year
- Nationwide – 715USD per year
- USAA – 690USD per year
- North star Mutual insurance company – 470USD per year
- American Family – 2071USD per year
- Dairyland – 493USD per year
- Safeco – 499USD per year
- De Smet Farm Mutual – 8094USD per year
Above listed insurance companies are well known for their cheap quotes. Still we have many insurance companies that are available in South Dakota
- South Dakota Average
- Farm Bureau Mutual
- North Star
- Auto – Owners
- American Family
The car insurance rates depend on many factors. Apart from the above mentioned insurance coverage, there are many other categories of insurance that are mandatory to be taken. It is important to remember that cheap insurance necessarily need not be best insurance. It is the benefit that we receive out of it at minimal cost. Hence, beware of the prices and compare with other quotations provided with other companies and buy an ideal Insurance for your vehicle.
And also before purchasing the insurance have an eye through the factors that match your requirement with the offer. Like,
- Age and Gender
- Primary uses for vehicle
- Credit history
- Driving record
- Amount of coverage expecting to purchase
- Details of car such as age, make and model
- Initial payment (Deductible)
- Discounts applicable
If the insurance proposal meets your expectation, and you are satisfied with the price, go ahead with procurement. Have a safe ride and beneficial insurance guide